About Rasika Vartak-Garud
Rasika is gifted with a melodious voice and her first lessons of classical music under Smt Bhagyashree Mule and Late Shri Sanjay Gavande
nurtured it further. This training enabled her to win several awards in the singing competitions that she participated in her early childhood,
encouraging her duly to perceive learning classical music.
Rasika was initiated into ‘Khayal Gayaki’ under the guidance of Guru Dr. Smt. Vasanti Tembe, a renowned vocalist of Jaipur Gharana who groomed her talent extensively for six years. Thereafter, she has been under the tutelage of Guru Smt. Padma Talwalkar since 2004.
- Hindustani Classical Music – Vocal
- The National Scholarship for Young Artists awarded in 2007, by the Ministry of Culture, Govt of India.
- Sawai Gandharva Scholarship awarded in 2007, by Arya Prasarak Sangeet Mandal, Pune.
- Best performer No. 2 in the prestigious Ashtavinayak Sangeet Mahotsava, Pune, held in February 2014.
- Rasika has been selected by guru Padmatai under the scheme ‘support for gurus’ awarded by National center for performing arts, Mumbai