About Ms. Manjiri Kiran (Mahajani)
Manjiri is now one of the most prominent kathak artists of the present generation in India, she is entirely devoted to the cause of her dance form. Her performances reflect unique & harmonious synthesis of finest nuances of different styles of Kathak and her dance carries subtlety & elegance of Lucknow style with strong element of “Abhinaya”, along with vigour & flamboyance of Jaipur style. She is currently based at Jaipur.
She firmly believes in the fact that when a dream becomes a desire, it ultimately becomes a delight. The ideas presented through her dance performances, always depict an aspiring and thought-provoking philosophy. Renowned people from the field of dance and media have always appreciated her performances. Her teaching methodology and compositions have also been well received.
- An ICCR empanelled artist.
- Senior Research Fellowship – by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- National Scholarship in the field of Kathak – by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Singar Mani– by Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai.
- Pratibha Sanman – by Durga Shankar Smriti Sansthan, Jaipur.
- Satkar Murti – by Akhil Bhartiya Brihan Maharashtra Mandal.
- Alankar – by Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya.
- Master of Arts – by University of Pune.
- Bachelor of Arts – by University of Pune.
- Visharad – by Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya.